Just when I thought I've heard it all...I'll be DAMNED if I get arrested for not paying a tip if the service was crappy, and I'm a VERY generous tipper. Justice needs to be served.
No tip leads to trip in police cruiser for pair of local college students
By Express-Times staff
Moravian College senior Leslie Pope and John Wagner, a Lehigh University graduate student, were handcuffed and transported from the Lehigh Pub to Bethlehem police headquarters Oct. 23 after failing to pay a mandatory 18 percent gratuity.
Pope and Wagner, members of a party of eight during happy hour, refused to pay a $16.35 service charge on top of their $73.87 tab because of what they say was shoddy service as well as a surcharge that was nearly 5 percent higher than the 18 percent listed on the menu.
"Gratuity is thanking you for your service," Pope, 22, said. "You can't give us terrible, terrible service and expect a tip."
The group reportedly had to wait more than an hour for salad and wings and had to approach the bar themselves for drink refills and find their own napkins and silverware as their waitress smoked outside.
The general manager of the Lehigh Pub, at 4 S. New St., declined to comment.
Pope and Wagner, 24, have pleaded not guilty and await a summary trial before District Judge Nancy Matos Gonzalez.
Posted by $Money Mike$ 10:07 PM
Since I have been so sporadic with my posting as of late I figured I'll give you guys something that I haven't seen on ANY OTHER BLOG!!! Here's the documentary in full so please do not doubt me on this blogging shit because I go in!!! Enjoy :)
Ron Ron takin it back to the playground days with this one. What's even funnier is Ariza's reaction when his shoe goes flying haha.
Posted by $Money Mike$ 10:01 PM
Interesting fact of the day: the other day as I was doing my hair I found a single strand of gray in my hair. Yes at 21 years old I have a gray hair. It was really funny to see as it really shows what kind of stress I've been under as of late. To look at this from an optimist point of view I can be thankful for mother nature not attacking my hairline in any negative ways.
Anyways, I have now just wasted a week researching a topic that I decided tonight that I was going to change. It really annoys me that I had to throw all this time down the drain, but with the 11/24 deadline on this paper fast approaching, it's now or never time for me. Besides this hoe ass paper school has been going rather well. I got an A on my Elections and Voting Behaviors quiz (which I barely studied for) and a B on my Logics exam (the smartest nerd in our class got a C).
For once work has actually provided an avenue of joy for me. Last month we had a contest and if you sold 20 Blackberry's with data plans you would win the new Bold 2 9700. Needless to say I got my confirmation email yesterday that I sold 27 and indeed was being sent the new phone (which I was going to buy regardless). On top of that I was one of only two reps in our whole market that won (shoutout to @chrisgogos), and was second in the whole region. Ahhhh nice to achieve and get your superiors off of your ass!
Other than school and work I have deleted my Facebook as it was becoming too much of a distraction. This has led to a decrease in talking to a large number of average hoes, and has filtered my associating with females to a more quality over quantity approach. I have enjoyed these results and am curious to see where things may lead in the near future.
Stopped into Burn Rubber (shoutout to @BurnRubberRick and @OhShitRoSpit) and Revive (shoutout to the whole Revive fam). Burn Rubber killin it as usual with the new Divine 9 fitteds, and the new Revive is definitely on some next level shit. Store is the cleanest design I've seen in any streetwear boutique and there are definitely some great things in store.
Boobie Stoops mixtape the Resume will finally be dropping in the next couple weeks, and I promise this shit will make believers outta haters (that's only if @FlossBoyTroy ever learns how to send an email). I'm in the library right now and my brain could not handle anymore reading or learning so I really needed this post to vent.
Hollaback, $Money Mike$
Say what you will about Eminem's first Relapse album, but it was a concept album that took lots of risks artistically. It was a concept album using horror core themes such as homocidal murders, rape, and famous serial killers as a metaphor to Eminem's drug addictions. And majority of the songs were done with this strange voice that he created. In other words, there wasn't a whole lot of potential for number 1 singles on this album. Which explains why they decided to throw "Crack A Bottle" onto Eminem's album.
Anyways, a little bird closely dropped us some information about "Relapse 2″ that we thought we should share. We will call these tidbits RUMORS for now, but these are juicy nonetheless.
Apparently, Interscope was very happy with the sales of the first Relapse, but they also paid very close attention to the feedback on the album. Rumor has it that Interscope surveyed a ton of people and found that African Americans weren't bumping to Relapse as much as Eminem's white demographics. Interscope felt the first Relapse could have sold more albums if it had been a more "traditional mainstream" hip hop album.
- Eminem submits the first cut of the album to Interscope higher ups a few months after Relapse 1. Around this time, the most successful single on Relapse is a song that has nothing to do with horror or silly parodies of celebrities. It's an introspective song called "Beautiful" about Eminem's depressing and coping with drugs and stress. Interscope and Eminem debate over the album's content with Interscope demanding more songs like "Beautiful". They also start demanding more songs that might appeal to blacks. Interscope figures whites will buy anything Eminem makes no matter what, but any blacks they can get to buy Eminem's albums will make things much sweeter.
- Insiders say Eminem wasn't too thrilled about Interscope forcing him to make a more emotionally driven album because he's tired of being in a sad and depressed state of mind all the time. He wants to get out of that mind state.
- The songs that they did keep from the original Relapse 2 do have that "new" serial killer voice from Relapse 1 that people complained about. Expect less songs with that voice on Relapse 2, but not a lot less.
- There was a debate on whether to call the album Relapse 2 or give it a name change since the album felt so significantly different from the first Relapse. The decision of whether it will be called Relapse 2 all decides on how many of the old "horror core" songs from the original version of Relapse 2 will make it on this more "traditional mainstream hip hop" version of Relapse 2. Even though they continue to call it "Relapse 2″, theres still a slight chance the album name might get changed at the last minute to reflect how different this album is from the last album. With that said, still expect between 3-4 tracks similar to the content on Relapse 1.
- Interscope starts pressuring Dr. Dre to finish up "Detox". They ask Dre to start promoting products and getting his face out in the public more often to boost hype for "Detox". This includes Dr Pepper ads, headphones, and now a computer. Dre puts all of his focus into finishing Detox. With Interscope wanting a more mainstream Relapse 2, and Dr. Dre putting all of his attention into wrapping up Detox, Eminem scraps a lot of Relapse 2 (not all of it) and brings in Just Blaze and Denaun Porter to take over from where Dre left off on. Eminem hopes that Just Blaze can challenge him creatively since it is the first time either of the two have worked together.
- Relapse 2 was originally meant to be released early fall, but Interscope decided against it because of how well Jay-Z's "The Blueprint 3″ was doing. They couldn't do November because it would steal thunder from 50 Cent's Before I self Destruct album. Rumor is that The Game's R.E.D album was pushed back because they want to release Relapse 2 before R.E.D.
- Interscope is pushing Eminem hard to have his album out in December just in time for the Grammys which occur January 31st, 2010. Some executives have complained that Eminem might miss the 4th quarter because he is being too much of a perfectionist on the album.
- No singles have been released for Relapse 2 because they are waiting for 50 Cent's album to drop. They don't want to derail any hype for 50's album. They want 50's album to have HUGE Black Friday sales. They want 50's album to be the hot topic of November which is why you'll hear about no singles until after Thanksgiving/Black Friday is over with. Start expecting to hear a LOT more about Relapse 2's first single after Thanksgiving week.
- A song between Eminem and Slaughterhouse members has been recorded as a way to get Interscope more excited about the possibilities of Slaughterhouse being signed to Shady Records. It is not known whether this song will end up on Relapse 2 or if it will be aired on Shade 45 without being attached to any particular album. Eminem feels strongly about signing Slaughterhouse as an attempt to replace all the guys who left his label such as Obie Trice, Stat Quo, etc. Interscope hasn't been too thrilled with Shady Records's track record of picking rappers who aren't very marketable, so Eminem is trying to reconstruct the talent roster at Shady Records from the bottom-up.
Dope song, Cam's verse was mehhh and that is coming from a Cam fan. That's probably why he only got 8 bars. LMAO at Malice reciting his verse with chicken in his mouth. God this album needs to drop already, enough with the setbacks!!!
This mixtape is an absolute banger, with album quality cuts all throughout. I remember when Ro was tellin me how dope this project would be, and honestly he wasn't exaggerating. If you're from Detroit and can't rock with Renaissance State of Mind then you're corny. Do yourself a favor and put yourself up on some new music and click the free download, you won't regret it!
One of the most coveted independent albums to come out of Michigan in 2009, Ro Spit drops his first solo project on November 10. Known for the fly guy emcee style, Ro Spit has chosen to take the path less travelled by labeling his “Oh S#!t Project” as more than a mixtape, but not quite an album. The project features the likes of hip hop greats like Bun B, Curtains, Marvwon, Big Sean, Monica Blaire and Stretch Money. Sponsored by Acapulco Gold and Burn Rubber, the tracks on the project prove to be just as fresh.
Posted by $Money Mike$ 12:31 PM
Ross needs to control his baby mama by goodness. LMAO at this dude Fif, he definitely is a master of manipulating people. But honestly this is how things get outta hand, are there any boundaries this dude wont cross?
As most of you know by now Gucci is serving a year in prison for violating his probation. Right on the heels of that it seems like he's trying to clear the air with this song, and this is honestly the most well put together, lyrical song I have ever heard from this man. Addresses T.I. and Jeezy...
The video is so stupid its funny...the video is so pointless it actually made the song's lyrics have some relevance/make sense. This song is even funnier because I work with a Becky and have annoyed the shit outta here by playing this song, and singing it in my best Plies voice.
Taylor Swift was the host of SNL this past weekend, and she finally got her revenge on Kanye in a very funny way. Even if Kanye was watching, which he probably was, all he could do was laugh.
Here's a few of the pieces that I liked in particular from the collection. Freshjive has always had quality clothes at a pretty good price compared to other streetwear competitors, and this line def has some dope pieces.
This is a really good look for Revive especially with the new location's grand opening right around the corner. The more exclusive collabs the better, and hopefully this is the first of many to come.
A few days ago AT&T filed suit against Verizon for its "There's an App for That" ad campaign. Verizon's response? Welcoming the iPhone to the Island of Misfit Toys in a new commercial that embodies the Christmas Spirit.
It sucks that this kid is gonna have health problems pretty much his whole life. I think he might have the wrong sport as well.
That's right; the tallest teen-age boy in the world according to the Guinness Book of World Records is playing football this year. In middle school.
"This is the first year my mom's let me play," Adams told Melissa Luck, an executive producer for KCLY4 in Spokane. "She thought I was gonna get hurt or something. It's my favorite sport and she said this is an opportunity she didn't want me to miss."
Luck's story details Adams' growth and his love of the game.
First, his height.
He was an average newborn, measuring just over 19 inches. But by five months old, he had gained 14 pounds and had all of his teeth. At 2, he was 3-foot-5; by 5 he was 4-for-5. At ll, he was 6-foot-8. He's now 14.
Adams gave Luck the medical explanation for his growth: "It was my 12th chromosome that broke in half and flipped over and reattached," he said.
While his height makes strangers wonder if he's an athlete, the truth is, his height actually holds him back as it comes with serious health problems, including enlarged joints and unusual blood counts. He already has arthritis.
"I can't run anymore," Adams said in the story. "I can't be active like I used to."
Height, actually, is a detriment in football. While NFL players keep getting bigger, the truth is, it's usually bigger, not taller.
Two of the league's most famous tall players - Eagles' 6-8 receiver Harold Carmichael and Cowboys' 6-9 defensive end Ed "Too Tall" Jones - were stars more than a generation ago.
A quick search finds only two pro players who were taller than 7-feet: Richard Sligh, a 1967 draftee of the Raiders who was an even 7-0; and Bob Bobinghanger, who was 7-7 and played for a number of teams when pro football was in its infancy in the '40s.
Morris Stroud, who played for the Chiefs in 1970-74 is often recognized as the tallest player in the modern era at 6-10.
Adams will never make the NFL, but his height did help him earn a spot on Oprah - where he met (and looked down on) Shaquille O'Neal. He couldn't get a spot on the field until he was cleared by a doctor. Last year, he served as a team manager.
"This year he asked if he could play for the team," Kevin Wetzel, his coach, said. "I said if you can get a doctor's clearance, we'd be happy to have you."
Once that was approved, it was time to find his role. Since he's easily winded, only short passing routes made sense.
"He can't run, he can't really jump," Wetzel told the station. "There's not a whole lot he can do. If you want to get him some action, you have to be creative."
So they created a play: Adams takes a few steps, turns around and waits for the quarterback to loft him the ball.
And though he's only been on the field a few times this season, the payoff is unmistakable. When he's out there, he feels like just another teenager.
"Don't think people are weird just by the way they look," he said. "Because I'm a nice person."
It doesn't appear that he'll be the world's tallest person; that mark belongs to Sultan Kosen of Turkey, who measures just over 8-1.
Doctors have been giving Adams testosterone shots over the last several years to stop his growth. They appear to be working; he hasn't grown in the last six months.
Except, of course, as a football player.
It's like tall tees are coming back in style. The sad thing is, I can actually picture people hittin up their local H&M and buying the shit outta these big ass shirts on their way to enhancing their "swag".
$242 for this garbage
and $258 for this garbage
This dude needs to get over the fact that he will never make it, "Jaz-O still the best son!" Who are you kidding? The last anyone has heard of you is when Jigga felt bad and let you get a verse on "Nigga What, Nigga Who?" and nobody I know is checkin for dude. Time to hang it up.
This post is for my sneakerheads. This pic really solidifies how dope this sneaker really is. I'm not big on Foams by any means but the Penny Foam is the exception to the rule for me. This shoe will be instantly copped as I'm still sick about the fact that I sold my Eggplants only for them to grow on me right after.
He is the son of Michael Jordan. I'd do the same thing even if I was on the bench. If UCF already agreed that Marcus could wear his fathers shoes then it’s their fault that the contract wasn’t renewed. If it was that big of a deal they should have sat Marcus down and explained either you wear what the rest of the team wears or you don’t play. Period.
But his dad may come in and endorse the school anyway. It would be a good strategy especially considering this article is getting a decent amount of press.
This dude Gucci is really on a tear as of late. He has made more with less talent than any other artist in recent history. I can't say a year ago I pictured an Gucci/Usher callabo but obviously his buzz is crazy right now and a lot of the industry is taking notice. Song is dope as well.
Ruthie looking very good at age 19. We all know how fine Jessica Biel is, it seems like 7th Heaven girls have blossomed beautifully. I wonder what the middle child is looking like these days. I would definitely smash and not have a guilt trip over it ;)
Great commercial, no way they aired this in the U.S! Good to see them using protection, but in all actuality all that latex friction will cause the condom to slip off, which in turn will birth unwanted babies. OK enough of my cynical criticism, enjoy this funny ass commercial!
What a coincidence, right on the verge of her new album she decides to speak out. It'sg onna be tough for Chris Brown to try to drop an album around this time. He better push it back a few months if he's smart. Rihanna's is gonna skyrocket, smart move by Def Jam to be honest.
I wonder if she took some time to video tape at least a few minutes of that? This is pretty funny, but there's probably a lot of chicks like this (not to this extreme) that love being pleasured but are so in the closet about it. Anyways enjoy this video for comedic purposes, but use your imagination if you need it for sexual purposes :/
If you're a veteran or know one spread the word...Did I mention that its free? ENJOY!
GQ is usually on point with a lot of their fashion tips and advice but they have listen Michael Jordan as one of the 50 best dressed men in the last 50 years. How does Jordan fit this bill at all? The man is undoubtedly the best basketball player of not only his generation, but of all time, but he is easily one of the worst dressed celebrities I have ever seen. Check out how high these jeans are sitting!!! You be the judge.